The Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), is a government healthcare scheme in India. Under this initiative, eligible beneficiaries receive financial protection against healthcare expenses. To avail of the benefits, individuals must possess an Ayushman Bharat card, which serves as a key document in this process.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps on how to download your Ayushman Bharat card online, providing you with a comprehensive understanding of the process.
Ayushman card download: Step-by-step guide
Downloading the Ayushman Bharat card online is a simple process that can be completed through the official website of the scheme. Follow the steps mentioned below to download the card.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Ayushman Bharat scheme. The official website address is https://www.pmjay.gov.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, look for the ‘Am I Eligible’ option on the top menu and click on it.
Step 3: Enter your mobile number that is linked with your Ayushman Bharat account.
Step 4: If your name is on the beneficiary list, you will receive an OTP on the mobile number linked to your account. Enter the OTP to confirm your identity.
Step 5: Once your identity is confirmed, you will be redirected to a new page where you can download the Ayushman Bharat card or PMJAY card.
Step 6: Click on the ‘Download Card’ option provided on the screen.
Step 7: Your Ayushman Bharat card will be downloaded in PDF format.
Step 8: For future use, take a printout of the card and carry it with you wherever you go for medical treatment.
What documents are required for PMJAY or Ayushman Bharat registration?
To successfully register for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) and obtain your Ayushman Bharat card, you should keep the following documents handy:
- Aadhaar card: Your Aadhaar card is essential for the registration process. Make sure your Aadhaar details are accurate and up to date.
- Income certificate: You may be required to provide proof of your income to determine your eligibility for the scheme.
- Residential proof: A document confirming your place of residence is necessary. This could be a ration card, a voter ID, or any other government-issued residence certificate.
- Caste certificate (if applicable): If you belong to a specific caste, you may need to provide a valid caste certificate for the application.
- Bank account details: You will be asked to provide your bank account details to receive financial benefits under the scheme. Ensure that the bank account is in your name and linked with your Aadhaar.
- Passport-sized photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph of the beneficiary is required for the Ayushman Bharat card.
- Mobile number: An active mobile number is crucial for the registration process as it will be used for OTP verification and communication.