PMJAY Registration – Guide to apply for Ayushman Bharat Yojana Read on to know the application process, documents and certificates required for PMJAY registration.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY) scheme, launched by the government of India, aims to provide financial protection to economically weaker sections of society. It offers cashless and paperless hospitalisation services to eligible beneficiaries.
To avail of the benefits of the PMJAY scheme, beneficiaries must complete the PMJAY registration process. It enables them to obtain their PMJAY e-cards. This article provides a comprehensive guide to the PMJAY registration process, and the documents required to complete it successfully.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY) registration
The Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) has garnered acclaim for its mission to provide financial protection and quality healthcare to the economically weaker population of India. Registration is the first crucial step towards availing the benefits offered by this scheme.
To begin the PMJAY registration process, beneficiaries must follow these simple steps:
- Visit the PMJAY portal
Access the official PMJAY website at pmjay.gov.in, which is the primary platform for all PMJAY-related activities.
- Navigate to registration
On the portal’s homepage, look for the ‘Registration’ or ‘Apply for PMJAY’ section. Click on it to initiate your registration.
- Provide your details
You need to enter essential details such as your Aadhar number, mobile number, and other personal information. Ensure that the information is accurate and up to date.
- Mobile number verification
After submitting your personal details, you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP to proceed with the registration.
- Fill in personal information
The registration form will ask for your personal information, including your name, date of birth, and details of your family members. It is essential to provide accurate information.
- Upload documents
As part of the registration process, upload scanned copies of documents. These documents typically include proof of identity and proof of residence, as per the portal’s guidelines.
- Review and confirm
Before final submission, review all the information provided to ensure its accuracy. Any inaccuracies can lead to delays in the processing of your application.
After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an acknowledgement with a reference number. This reference number is essential for tracking the status of your application.
Documents required for Ayushman Bharat (PMJAY) registration
The PMJAY registration process necessitates specific documents to verify the identity and eligibility of applicants. These documents include:
- Aadhar card: A primary and mandatory document for PMJAY registration, as it serves as a unique identifier for individuals.
- Proof of identity: Documents such as a voter ID, passport, or driver’s license.
- Proof of residence: To confirm your place of residence, documents like a voter ID, passport, or utility bill.
- Family details: Information about family members, including their names and Aadhaar numbers, is crucial for the enrolment process.
- Income certificate: Depending on the state’s guidelines, you may be required to provide an income certificate to establish your eligibility.
- Caste certificate: Some states may require caste certificates for certain categories of beneficiaries.
- Bank account details: Your bank account information is essential for receiving cashless healthcare services under PMJAY.
What are the certificates required for PMJAY registration?
Apart from the primary documents mentioned above, certain certificates may be required for specific categories of beneficiaries. These certificates may include:
- Disability certificate: Individuals with disabilities may need to provide a disability certificate for appropriate categorisation.
- Senior citizen certificate: For elderly individuals, a senior citizen certificate may be needed.
- Government employee certificate: Government employees seeking PMJAY benefits may need to provide an employee certificate.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate: Individuals from the economically weaker sections may require an EWS certificate.
Checking PMJAY card application status
After successfully applying for PMJAY, you can monitor the status of your application through the PMJAY portal. Here’s how:
- Visit the official PMJAY website at pmjay.gov.in.
- Locate the ‘Application Status’ or ‘Check PMJAY Card Status’ section on the portal.
- Enter the required details, which typically include your reference number or application number.
- The portal will provide you with information regarding the status of your PMJAY card application.
By completing the PMJAY registration process and obtaining a PMJAY card, beneficiaries can secure access to quality healthcare services without the worry of financial burden.